Value driven friendships are a godsend. The person who is going to push you to the top of your dream mountain is a friend who adds value to your life and affairs. If you are hanging around people who don’t have your best interest in mind, you are wasting your life going nowhere. Your personal and professional goals require a ton of positivity and encouragement to become a reality. Great friends provide such motivation.
Value Driven Friends
You can easily resonate with a value driven friend. The most important thing is you walk away from each encounter feeling better about your life. Great friends are priceless. They:
- Put you at the center of their attention whenever you are together
- Do not add to your stress but reduces it with support and understanding
- Will help you make the best decisions when asked for advice
- Will introduce you to people who support your aspirations
- Increase your sense of comfort by being dependable in downtimes
- Are on your side in times of conflict and confusion
- Support you in your personal and professional development.
- Provide maximum motivation and inspiration whenever you need it
Use these criteria to measure your relationships. If you are not getting any value from the people in your life, whether they are friends or relatives, you may need to make a friendly disconnection. The choice may be difficult, but it isn’t worth the wasted time. Life is short, even if you live to be one hundred years old.
Nevertheless, you do need good friends in your life. You need someone special besides relatives to rely on. Relatives are not always there and sometimes take you for granted. But the nourishment of a value driven friendship is a gift to be embraced.
Values that Make A Difference
Children should be taught values that make a difference in the lives of others. Constant consideration, kindness, and compassion are the qualities which separate good friends from the ones which are filled with selfishness and deceit.
There are no definitive places where good friendship can be found, but there are places one can go to enhance the chances of meeting people and developing friendships.
- Religious institutions
- Recreational environments: beaches, festivals, and other fun places
- College classrooms and campuses
- People with common interest, hobbies, and perspectives about life
Wherever you find a friendship with the potential for greatness, you need to fully participate in building the relationship. In order to attract and win good friends, you must also displace great friendship qualities, including compassion, intimacy, and loyalty.